Thursday, June 28, 2007

Baby Time

Yesterday while I was cleaning my bathrooms I realized how much more time it takes to clean anything in our apartment. I thought about it and wrote down a list of chores and how long it used to take me to finish them.
vacuum: before-5 min. now-10 min
sweep floor: before 2 min now-5 min
clean bathroom: before 20 min now-40 min
picking up anything off the floor: before-5 seconds now-30 min
Luckily I have discovered that if I pretend to let them help me they get distracted and I can carry on much faster. Its amazing what a paper towel can do to save me some time. On the downside I do have to worry about my daughter throwing it in the toilet or anything else for that matter. Despite how long it now takes now I never knew how funny it could be to clean a bathroom whether it is seeing a baby press their face against the shower door or seeing what kind of cleaning product she now thinks might taste good without mom knowing. One thing is for sure there is never a dull moment. If there is that's when you need to worry.

1 comment:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Welcome to the blog world, Bex. You will have plenty to blog abouot with Mabel and Caroline around. Give them a kiss for me.