Ok I'm really going to do a better job of blogging. Shawn goes back to a real schedule tomorrow so I'll have ample time to blog and complain about how much he's gone. Just kidding, I'll try and keep that to a minimum. Its been weird I feel like everyday is pretty busy but I really can't think of much to blog about. Honestly if I carried around a recording device all day I'd have plenty to write because it turns out kids are HILARIOUS. I just can't remember what they've said longer than 5 minutes. Anyways, enough rambling, this weekend was pretty full of fun stuff so I'll fill you in.
Caroline had another basketball game on Saturday and she scored her first basket! I was so proud of her and even a little proud of myself for not going too crazy when it happened. I did jump up and down a little though. And of course forgot to take a picture, I stink I'll do better next week. She's doing great and really loving it which makes it even more fun. This game was really quite funny because a girl on the opposite team was having a hard time figuring out what to do. When her team was on offense she was guarding Caroline. It was pretty funny and I think Caroline was pretty confused by it.
After Caroline's game we came home and had some of the kids friends over for a while, like 5 hours a while. And since 3 extra kids didn't seem like enough I told another friend they could bring their child over and play too, the more the merrier at that point. It honestly wasn't too bad because at this age having friends over just distracts my kids from fighting and everyone has a great time, not exactly the quiet Saturday I had imagined, but the kids had a blast so I'll call it a win. And I now have a few people offering to watch my kids so it all works out.
Today was busy as well, Caroline and I went to her friend's baptism today after church and it was beautiful and I also learned I will not be able to give a talk at Caroline's baptism next year because I'm pretty sure I'll be sobbing uncontrollably. I don't know what's wrong with me but even at Caroline's friends baptism I was getting choked up. I think its because I know it'll be here too soon and she just seems to be growing up too fast.
While Caroline and I were gone Shawn stayed home and built Legos with they boys. If you want to be Devin's friend build legos with him. I've never seen that kid happier. Shawn built him a rocket and its all Devin can talk and think about, its adorable. And Graham wants to eat dessert all day, or at least before dinner. Today when I told him dinner was ready he said, "But I want to eat dessert first." He and my mom are kindred spirits. Sorry for such a lengthy post and no pictures, but like I said earlier I'll do better.
No comments:
Post a Comment