1. They break SO easily! I"m pretty sure if I looked at some of our legos wrong they'd fall apart. Not even kidding. So the wonderful masterpieces Devin and Shawn create go from fully put together to half way destroyed in about a day.
Remember this awesome lego creation? Maybe a day later it looks like this.
And here is his really cool fire station he got for his birthday, again it took about a day for it to look like this. And then you have to go back and figure out how far back you need to build to fix it. Its frustrating.
2. This is my biggest pet peeve. The pieces are SO tiny it hard to tell what's a lego and what is trash.
One of the things in the above picture is a lego the other two are pieces of lint from my couch. See what I mean. I've gotten pretty good at spotting them on the floor but I know I've sucked a few up in the vacuum. Opps. And in case you can't tell the one to the far right is the lego.
Honestly I really just need to set some ground rules for them. They need to stay upstairs first of all and we really need to find a shelf to put them on so Devin can admire his hard work. Maybe if I can ever get organized enough with them they won't be so hard to have around, because I really do like them!



5 comments:
Don't step on them. That hurts.
My boys LOVE them but if you ever step on one you'll know a whole new level of pain!
They've changed over the years. The old Legos couldn't be broken, not even when stepped on in the middle of the night by a big fat pregnant person.(OUCH) So I have issues with Legos as well, just different ones.
That's why giant foam blocks are the best! They never hurt and I never wonder if they are trash! Of course, you can't really make Star Wars stuff out of them, so that is a downside.
I agree...love/hate. I love putting them together with the boys but then want to cry when our hard work is destroyed.
Post a Comment