Thursday, October 23, 2014

Our Last Hound Dog Run

Every year the kids school does a fundraiser and this is our last one here.  I have to say its been my favorite so far.  Nice to end on a high.  I volunteered to make cupcakes for the bake sale and a cake for the cake walk and forgot I would be teaching preschool that day so I missed Devin's turn to run.  I felt bad but we made sure and went to family night in the evening to make up for it.  It was a really busy day but so much fun.  I did realize next time I bring baked goods to a bake sale I shouldn't volunteer to help sell them.  It's really prideful for me to say but it killed me to see the cupcakes I made get passed over for rice krispy treats and slice and bake cookies.  Oh well I really just need to suck it up and get over myself.  Alright lets get onto the good stuff, pictures.

Super cute right?  I'd want that over a slice of prepackaged cookie dough.  Sorry, I really need to let it go!

Caroline running with her best friend from school Arushi, I'm well aware I"m probably spelling that wrong but I tried my best!

Caroline with Arushi and her teacher Mrs. Neese.  We really love her teacher this year.  

And the cake walk cake.

Of course I had to make sure to get a few in of the boys.  

Devin even had a turn pushing George around.

Here is the big group of kids we spent most of the night with. It was so much fun to see Caroline run around with her friends, jump in the bounce house, get her hair sprayed a different color, paint pumpkins and just have a great time.  Hopefully they'll remember this night for a while and think all nights were like this growing up.  It was a pretty magical night.  

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I can't believe those got passed up for slice and bake cookies! Fools!

What a fun day, though! I miss you guys!

bethy said...

people are stupid! is arushi a little person? or is caroline just giant tall? i can't BELIEVE THOSE PEOPLE ate slice and bake cookies.

MOM THE BOMB said...

You're so funny, Bex! And I can't believe you gave a cake like that to a cake walk! What lucky little kid got that?