Do you ever have those moments when you think, "How did this happen?" I had one of those moments today. It occurred to me today while I was getting the boys a fudgepop and they were very rudely waving their impatient little hands in my face that my kids (generally with the exception of Caroline) are RUDE! It wasn't just the fudgepop incident either. I can't tell you how many times Graham yells (yes yells not asks) "Mommy I need you to (fill in any verb here) me RIGHT NOW!" I'm more than a little tired of it. Devin is also a fan of getting louder and louder if I don't answer him right away even when I tell him I just need a minute. And my biggest pet peeve of all, having my children shove things in my face that they need, or want right that second.
Behavior has also been an issue for Graham. Yesterday at the store I was one of those moms you judge because her kids are out of control, the one that you see and think "man that lady has had too many kids, I wonder what they're like at home if they're this bad at the store." Graham was running up and down the isles like a maniac and when we were checking out he grabbed a hand basket put his foot in it and then ran around the checkout like it was no big deal. Then when I told him to stop he put it on his head and ran into stuff or maybe it was a person. I'm not quite sure when all this sass and misbehaving started but I think it's time to crack the whip and get them, ok really mostly Graham, into shape. Wish me luck!
6 comments:
Best of luck,
Landon thinks you have well behaved kids.
Good luck though.
They're good kids. And you're a good mom.
My kids and your kids must be having private meetings! I think they will turn out very well. All the best!
I think EVERY mom has these moments and feelings and at some point we will all be "that mom" we used to wonder about and maybe even stare at before we had kids!
Ha! We all go through this, so don't beat yourself up over it :)
Post a Comment