Monday, November 28, 2011

Family

My family is THE BEST.  All but one of my siblings have already come to visit me since we've moved here, some twice. I"ll give my little sister a break since she's about to have a baby.  Shawn's parents and my parents have visited a few times as well and since we can't go anywhere for Christmas Shawn's ENTIRE family is coming to spend time with us. My friends are always telling me how lucky I am because we have family visit all the time and I have to agree.  Basically my family rocks.  My oldest sister and her beautiful girls and Brandon came to visit for Thanksgiving and here are the highlights.  We're not that creative and do the same things with all our visitors so most people who have visited will probably recognize these places.

Our favorite breakfast place, the Pancake Pantry.  Oh so good and even though Bethy and Brandon didn't get the sweet potato pancakes I was nice and let them share half of one.  I know I'm generous.  They did seem to enjoy the dishes they got though.

We also played at the park.


We also headed over to the Adventure Science Center.   The girls loved climbing all the way to the top of the jungle gym and riding down the colon slide!

We broke out the Christmas decorations and of course danced to Mariah Carey while doing it.  Loved it!

We watched Cars 2 about 10 times, ok maybe only 3 but it is now Devin's favorite so thanks for bringing it!  Oh and we played with cousins ALL day long.  My kids were in heaven and so was I because my kids were happy.

Proof that my awesome sister was here in front of our newly decorated tree.

And lastly we checked out the Christmas lights at the Opry Hotel.  The kids held hands almost the entire time, adorable!

Shawn occasionally graced us with his presence and Graham was happy to have his daddy around.  Shawn and I loved hanging out with Bethy and Brandon watching movies, talking, and laughing a lot.  We miss them and can't wait to see them again!

2 comments:

Jill and Dane said...

You've had a lot of fun things going on lately, you lucky girl! You definitely deserve it! Also you look Gorgeous! How do you look that good after three kids?! You're amazing.

Love you!

poodle said...

this post makes me majorly sad.