Monday, November 7, 2011

I Fail

Today was not my day.  I think I officially failed as a mother/wife today.  It all started this morning when Shawn went to put on clean stubs and had none.  Then as we were running out the door to take Caroline to the bus Devin FLIPPED OUT because I told him he didn't need a jacket (I promise it was NOT cold outside) he then cried all the way up the block so I then had my wonderful neighbor take Caroline the rest of the way with her son.  I then had to drag Devin home because he was mad he didn't take Caroline to the bus, I'm just waiting for CPS to show up at my door because I'm sure my neighbors think I abuse my kids.  I also forgot to have Caroline do her homework over the weekend and put her nap towel in her bag this morning so she had nothing to sleep on at school. And the list goes on I missed picking Caroline up from the bus because it was about 10 minutes early luckily no one kidnapped her.  And the cherry on top, Caroline had a 102.5 fever when she got home.  She stayed home from church yesterday because she had a fever but didn't this morning but I probably should've made her stay home anyways.  Like I said its not my day.  So now I'm letting Caroline watch movies and eat ice cream because that's what good mom's do right?  Really I have no idea because I am obviously not one today.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

You did not fail, you're a great mom. Violet had a hard day too but to me a good day is when I don't break down and throw a tantrum, not her. And I'm sure Caroline will thank you for letting her eat ice cream and watch TV.

MOM THE BOMB said...

You're the best, Bexie! Miss you!

Jalei & Lane said...

Oh don't beat yourself up. We all feel that way sometimes. You're awesome!

Lindsey said...

Yes everyone feels that way some days!!