Friday, October 4, 2013
Grow Up
Do you know what I just discovered I don't like very much? Parental magazines. I know they are trying to be helpful but sometimes I think to myself, "Really you call this advice?" For some reason Devin got one of these magazines sent home this week. I flipped through it and after reading a few paragraphs of one of the articles I laughed a little and had to stop reading it was so ridiculous. I kid you not one of the articles was called Tricky Situations: What happens when your sister-in-law steals your costume idea for your child? Are you serious do people really care about this stuff? Is that really a tricky situation people think is a big deal? If you have a child I really hope you are mature enough to know that several other people are going to have the same costume and no body cares! It really bothered me. And then something even sadder happened, I realized people really do throw fits about this stuff and a part of me died inside. It made me feel slightly better as a parent because this is the furthest thing from my mind. But then that night I saw Devin crawl into his bed which I'll have you know is a toddler bed. Yes my almost 6 year old is still sleeping in something the size of a crib, and I realized maybe I'm not quite as great as I originally thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OH. MY. GOSH. I think our minds are the same. I HATE parenting magazines! Seriously! If I miraculously have 30 minutes to myself do you really think I want to spend it researching different parenting styles? Nobody cares about the stuff they put in there!
And yes, you are a good parent, Bex! It has nothing to do with what kind of bed your child sleeps in.
I read all your posts and I always want to comment, but I usually look at it on my phone, and for some reason my phone goes bananas when I try to post a comment. Oh well. Just know that I always read your blog, and I love it! And yes parenting magazines are only good for the few coupons they may have in them ;)
You are so right!
Post a Comment