Tuesday, November 5, 2013

End of Soccer and My Boys

The soccer season came and went rather quickly this time around.  I felt like I was having a repeat after last season when Devin broke his arm.  I'm glad its over.  Caroline played after sitting out last season and it was great for her.  Somehow she was more confident this year than she has ever been and is really excited about playing in the spring.  We love her team and I'm excited for her to play again.  Devin on the other hand is done playing soccer.  The poor kid got put on a team that had boys a year older than him and after two seasons of breaking his arm he wasn't quite sure what he was supposed to be doing at times.  It was frustrating.  So he's going to try something else in the spring, probably tee ball, which Shawn is really excited about.
In other news I spent a good 20 minutes cleaning blood out of my carpet this morning because of the boys.  Devin was blocking the stairs and wouldn't let Graham down so Graham head butted him and gave him a bloody nose.  I was a little freaked out to see Devin walk down the stairs with blood streaming down his face.  It looked much worse than it actually was but since it happened a minute before leaving for the bus we I got to take the kids to school myself.  Which really isn't a huge deal because we live 2 minutes away, I just thought I'd be a little dramatic by adding it in.  So the morning was off to a great start, or really a typical start with these boys.  We need more girls in this house!

3 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

What is it with boys? I remember a while back when something was bleeding on Davis' face at least 4 days in a row!

Crystal Stanworth said...

Good heavens. There is something different about boys and BLEEDING! Mine isn't any different.

Graytoppop said...

When Devin figures out that he can fight back, you'll have twice the blood.....