Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Narrows of the Harpeth River

Sometimes I feel like I'm not taking advantage of all the awesomeness that Nashville has to offer.  I'm really excited about moving to Dallas but its not going to compare even a little to the natural beauty of Nashville.  Luckily it'll make up in proximity to family and amazing food.  Sunday we drove about 20 minutes from our house and took short little hike to see a fun waterfall and have a picnic dinner.  I'm usually not brave enough to take my kids by myself on adventures like this so we've been enjoying Shawn's sports rotation and all the free time he's had in the past few months.   Enough talk I'll just post the pretty pictures we took.

The van was out of gas so we took the car and the kids thought it was the coolest thing ever.   We then realized that our family will never again be able to all fit in there again, well starting in August.  It made me a little sad.

Just a view of the trail.  The trail wasn't hard but the first half made me a little nervous.  Its not really wide and on one side is a fairly steep bank that if you roll down you'll end up in the river.  Naturally we were a little nervous considering how clumsy we are.


I love how pretty the hike was!  Tennessee is beautiful!

Taking short break while Shawn checks things out ahead.

More awesomeness.

Our final destination. It only took about 15 minutes to get there, the kids loved it.

And me trying to hide my girth behind Caroline.

I'm really going to miss Shawn when he starts a busier rotation.  We LOVE having him around.

This makes me laugh only because a few minutes before this Shawn told the boys to stop throwing rocks into the pond and then he went ahead and showed them how to do it properly.  I guess boys of all ages just can't resist throwing rocks into water.  We loved having family time and Shawn and I were talking about how we think our family is pretty great and Caroline piped up and said, "Yeah we only fight sometimes."  Thanks Caroline, way to bring us back to reality.   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally see Shawn saying, well alright- if you going to throw rocks let me show you how to do it properly.

MOM THE BOMB said...

I'm glad you're moving back to Texas, but I'm going to miss that beautiful city!

browniemom said...

My niece is leaving the end of August to serve a mission in Nashville Tennesse, Spanish Speaking. Looks like a beautiful place!