Here is Caroline as Dian Fossey. She is the Jane Goodall of gorillas. Caroline did a great job and since Shawn was on call the night of the wax museum Ashley was nice enough to watch the boys so it could just be me and her. We had a great time and were even able to grab some hot chocolate before heading home. I love my smart girl!
Saturday, December 5, 2015
Wax Museum
I'm pretty sure I mentioned a few months ago that I really don't like the amount of homework the school assigns. I may have been a little quick to judge though. Yes there is homework every night but the school also has some really great assignments. The forth grade here is amazing. The teachers work so well together and the projects they assign get the kids excited about learning. In November Caroline had the wax museum project. She had to pick a person she wanted to learn about, write a short biography about them, then memorize a short retelling of their life, and recite it as they are dressed up as that person. I think my favorite part about the project is that they did most of it at school. We still worked on it at home but it was integrated into what they were learning at school. I loved it. It was so fun to see what kids were interested in. All the kids were so well prepared I loved going around to see the different people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment