Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back to basics

Its great having Shawn home! I'm so glad he's had a few days to decompress after being gone for so long. I was up late (for me anyways) and he made me go to bed and finished everything for my preschool lesson I had today. It was so great and I slept better than I have in a while. In other news we're pretty sure Devin has lazy eye, so I get to take him into the doctor tomorrow hoping to just get referred to an opthomologist within a month or two. Hopefully he'll just have to wear a patch on his eye but who knows, and I have no clue how we're going to get him to keep it on. I also have an ob appointment tomorrow and will probably have to take Devin with me because his appointment is right after mine. And did I mention he HATES the doctor? Seriously he screams when they try and touch him. I'd also like to see if I'm dilated at my appointment tomorrow since I've had some contractions lately and I don't know how to do that with a toddler in the room. I think I'm just going to have to push back an appointment or something. So that's our news for the next little while. I'm starting to feel much more busy lately which really I guess is the new normal for us! Yesterday Shawn said how excited he was about 4th year b/c its going to be so easy, I'm not buying it, but we'll see.

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

you sure that "feeling so busy lately" isn't nesting? (just kidding) and for Shawn - I wouldn't say his 4th year has been very easy.

Ashley Erin said...

Take Devin in now before he has to wear a patch to school. My life was so hard when I was younger...sigh!

Kristen said...

I'm so glad Shawn is home so that you can relax a little bit before baby #3! My eyelid drooped when I was little and they thought I might have a lazy eye so I had to go to the eye doctor all the time. All I remember are the annoying eye drops and wearing those cardboard sunglasses. Sweet.

Sharon said...

Good luck with everything! Ethan hates the doctor's office too...he doesn't even let them weigh him without screaming. Sheesh. I'm so happy for you that Shawn is back, though. You're an amazing woman!