(In the waiting room)
Devin had his surgery today. I"m so glad its over and we didn't have to reschedule. Caroline got strep but luckily we got Devin on some antibiotics fast enough that he was able to avoid getting it. Last night I think he was a little nervous because he stayed up until about 9:30 laughing and playing with Graham. I had no idea playing with a baby in a crib could be so much fun, but they seemed to have a great time. We went in this morning and he slept right up until it was time to go. I thought he'd be upset about not eating or drinking but he was a champ and didn't complain once! They were really fast at the hospital. We got there at 8:10 by 8:45 we had done paperwork and were already getting ready for surgery at 10. The first thing the nurse said when she saw him was, "That's a big two year old." He was a little cautious at first but we brought his buddy and favorite blanket from home that helped him relax a ton. He showed his buddy to everyone and loved being in a crib. He has really wanted to be a baby lately so this was right up his alley. To calm him before surgery they gave him some meds and it made him pretty loopy. He could barely sit up and he kept telling me someone had lost their car. It was hilarious! The surgery went great and he woke up fairly quickly. Afterwards he was obviously very thirsty and drank an entire personal gatorade in about a minute. The nurses thought he was the sweetest boy (which he really is) and loved it when he told them thank you in a half asleep voice and showed them his muscles. We went home about 20 minutes after he woke up which I think is mainly because Shawn was there and they figured he would be ok going home with a doctor. Once we got home he ate for an hour straight, seriously and went back to bed. He's still asleep and doing well. Tomorrow will probably be a long day for him but he was great! Thanks mom for everything. It was so nice not to have to worry about anything while we were there. You're the best! And maybe other people will think this is weird but I took pictures the entire time. I figured since it wasn't a life saving procedure it wasn't too serious and he's just so cute! Surgery, check; relatively happy boy, check; seeing straight, well see in a few days!In his crib with buddy
On his meds and loving it!
Waiting for him to wake up. Yes the nurses put a cap and mask on buddy, it was cute!
6 comments:
So glad everything went ok. I hope he recovers quickly!
mom said he was soooo funny. i wish you had a flip video to show.
Glad it went well. Cute little Devin!
Glad the surgery went well. That bottom picture pulls on the heart strings. I hope everything turns out fine.
How cute. Only Devin would have been that sweet about it.
Glad everything went as good as it could! Hope his recovery is quick and easy!
Post a Comment