Sunday, September 12, 2010

Someday

Someday my husband will be able to stay up past 8:30.
Someday Devin will not remind me repeatedly throughout the day that he's a baby.
Someday Caroline will realize its not nice to throw things at walls and people.
Someday I won't go to bed aching all over.
Someday Graham will realize playing with the toilet wand is DISGUSTING!
Someday I won't have kids fighting over who gets to sit in my lap at church.
Someday all those things will/will not happen but not today, and that's alright with me.  These days make me laugh and I'll miss them someday.

7 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

bexar, you are so funny.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Yep. Someday come way too fast.

Sharon said...

It's good to remember that these days will be missed every once in a while. :)

Emily Hamilton said...

Thanks for posting this. It was a good reminder that I need to enjoy these moments, even after Abby cut up her church dress with scissors today. You're such a good mom!

Lindsey said...

Awww this is sweet :)

Laura Weight said...

The other day at robs work function and we met a guy who knew your hubby in Medical school. He told us that all the guys in his class were amazed by the "mormon" boys and how they were able to manage medical school, being married and with kids.(little do they know the church commitment your husband had at the time on top of everything else).
He told me how he would see Shawn bouncing a baby while reading/studying and how shawns wife was an awesome cook because the lunches shawn would bring. After talking to him, I thought, yeah Mormon boys, especially those in Medical school and law school have a lot on their plate. But, they are able to do all that is expected of them successfully and more because their wives are amazing. Carrie, you are amazing!!!!! I don't even know how you did it with three kids, shawn in medical school and him being EQP. He was able to do all of that because you were holding things together :) You are an amazing example to us all. Just wanted to tell you that!

PS> Glad you liked MJ too. :)

Lindsey said...

What is it with babies and toilets? Violet tries to play in the water and points at it every time it flushes. Tell Graham that the toilet wand is NOT a toy! I'm sure you already have.