Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Reeds come to town

Sorry about the lack of blogging this week, we've been busy having fun with my brother and his family.  The Reeds came for 5 days and I filled it with every fun thing I could think of.  So obviously we ate a lot of food.  We had a Nashville specialty, hot chicken and learned several things that night.  First to get good hot chicken you have to go to the gritty side of town. Second, just because google maps says a place will be open doesn't mean it will be.  (we went to three different places before finding an open store)  And finally hot chicken is GOOD!  We also ate at what is supposed to be the best cupcakes in town, and Ryan decided they were at least the best deal, only $1.50 each!  My favorite sweet lemonade but they were all pretty good.  In non food related fun we also went to Cheekwood, saw every train I could find for Asher, played with fireworks,  picked peaches, and went to lots of different parks.  I"m not great at organizing time so we still missed out on antiquing, Opryland, Las Paletas and the lake.  I"m sure they're glad to be home but we really miss them and want to have them back soon!  Smoky Mountains next time!
Here are pictures of the highlights.
I had no idea a kid could look at trains as long as Asher.  He LOVED them.

All the cousins together.

Walking around at the splash pad.

I think we picked a total of 24 lbs of peaches. I made peach crisp that night and it was SO good!

Sweet brothers

Throwing some poppers.

Devin lighting sparklers with a very tired Shawn.  I think he saw Ryan and Brianna a total of 2 hours while they were here!

3 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I cannot get over how OLD Graham looks in these pictures!

Graytoppop said...

Great pictures. And sounds like lots of fun!!!

Ashley Erin said...

graham looks soo old! he's not a baby anymore.