Ups
1. Caroline asking me to leave her classroom. Apparently I'm more attached than she is.
2. After asking Caroline if school was as fun as she thought it would be she said, "Well not as fun as I thought but still good."
3. Keeping my composure and not balling like I thought I would, although I was wiping my eyes a bit.
4. Seeing how much the teachers seem to genuinely like what they do, but it was just the first day.
Downs
1. Caroline getting lost after school because she didn't hear her number called to be picked up and me balling like a baby in the office b/c they couldn't find my child. Awful. She will now ALWAYS have a buddy with her b/c I will be carpooling with our neighbor, strength in numbers right?
2. Listening to the teachers talk for WAY too long in the morning and trying to keep Graham entertained.
3. Not having Caroline around to keep Graham from dumping everything in our filing cabinet on the floor.
All ready to go. She's adorable, but is in a weird smiling phase.
Waiting to be let in to school. I still can't believe she's in school! All I can say is watch out world!

4 comments:
Oh my gosh! I can't believe she's in kindergarten. And that they started so early! That would have been so scary after school & not having a child to pick up.
I can't believe they lost your kid...are you going to let her go back? Just kidding. I'm sure she is going to love school with her personality! How is it having one less kid at home for a few hours??
I'm so happy for you, Caroline! Poor Carrie - them losing her on the first day is not getting off to the best start. I would have cried, too.
Go big C!! Tell the world who is boss!!
Post a Comment