Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas From the Funks!

Christmas 2012 was spectacular!  Probably the best one yet, it was awesome.  We caroled, baked an insane amount of food, and relaxed.  I loved every minute of it and I'm pretty sad its over but can't wait again until next year.  I"ll try and include all of the highlights so here we go!
1. Caroling is always one of my favorite things every year.  And I"m so glad that my kids love it too because I would be crushed if they didn't.
2. Spending lots of quality time with the kids and Shawn, I loved spending the last several days baking all day and hanging out with the fam.  Its the best.
3. Seeing how not excited the kids were about the bikes we got them.  It may be because they got up really early but I was slightly disappointed in their reaction and it was pretty funny.  They were pretty excited about their new socks they got in their stockings though.
4. Having a Christmas party with our friends here.  I loved having people over and I think they had a great time, I know I did.  We may have to do it every year.
5. Shawn being sweet and getting me a little something even though we said no gifts.  He's a liar, but I'm ok with that, at least this lie.
6. Watching Shawn and Devin build legos together all day.  It was the cutest thing ever.
5.  Seeing Caroline pour over her new cookbook and so excited to try with me.
7. Graham playing so hard he put himself down for a nap.  He's so cute.
8. Taking a huge tray of goodies to the hospital on Christmas morning, the residents were so grateful.
9. Caroline saying that it made her feel so good to see the people we went caroling to so happy.
10.  Every time we asked the kids why we have Christmas they always said to celebrate Jesus's birth and spend time with family and serve others.  It made me so happy.
Hanging out under the tree on Christmas Eve.

Caroline treats, the best ones yet.  Tarts, lemon snowflake cookies, eclairs, mint pillow cookies, chocolate hazelnut diamonds, and mini cakes (made from scratch this year)  It was so fun baking all this stuff!

The annual picture at the top of the stairs.  The kids love this tradition but I'm not sure they will when they're older.  

The kids got bikes from Santa and helmets from us.  Caroline was so cute and said, "I know Santa is real because he ate all the milk and cookies we left for him." I love that girl.


Devin opening his stocking.

Graham so excited about his superhero guys.  He couldn't wait to share them with his buddies Bryce and Ian.

The way to Devin's heart is through legos apparently.  These two were so cute, I love my boys.

At first the kids didn't seem too excited about the bikes but they really do love them. I'm so glad we found them!  I hope everyone had as good of Christmas as we did.  I really loved spending time with my family and celebrating the real reason for this wonderful day, the birth of our Savior.

4 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

that looks like a really great Christmas!

Jalei & Lane said...

Your Christmas sounded wonderful! I would like to eventually have my kids do something like caroling.

Alan and Sharon said...

What a fun Christmas! I'm so glad it was so good!

Lindsey said...

Um you are ridiculously gourmet! I wish I was your next door neighbor and could eat all of the goodies you make!!