I promised my mom I'd post pictures of Caroline in her new Mexican dress ups. She loves them, but honestly she seemed most excited about the cookies that were included in the package. I think she looks pretty dang cute. Thanks again for the package, as usual you were way too generous :)
Sometimes I feel like Devin fades into the background (with Caroline as a sister, its pretty easy), so here's the 2 second update. This is where he's spending most of his time these days, the kid never stops eating but we love him just the same!
And now on to the best call day ever! We started the day off by brief visit from Aunt Sandra and Uncle Phillip in the morning that made our day! Caroline can't wait for Christmas time when she gets to see them again and hopefully all of the Funk cousins as well. Then it was off to Target to get the kids a little present (thanks again mom) and some much needed shopping. Caroline loves her glow-in-the-dark bracelets and Devin threw a Caroline sized fit when I tried to take his new ball away.
Here's the loot from our shopping expedition. I know I got Caroline way more but I went shopping for Devin not too long ago so don't think I"m playing favorites. I was really excited, Target was having great sales! (and poodle I got these jeans for Caroline b/c the reminded me of something you'd wear, not that you dress like a 2 yr old, they're just really cute.) After shopping Shawn surprised us and came home for lunch, "wait." you say, "he's supposed to be on call." Ah but as it turns out surgeons don't really want to work on Saturday so its pretty slow in the OR so he came home for dinner too! If this is what surgery is like I'm sold! To top off the day I made a tasty trifle and had a fellow med school wife over to sympathize with. It was a great day and I'm actually a little excited for the next time Shawn is on call.

5 comments:
How cute are your kids?!! It sounds like you had an awesome day shopping! That's something I miss- we live in a small town in NE Missouri, not a whole lot here! Christopher (hubbie) is going to ATSU-KCOM and is in his second year. He's wanting to go into Radiology. Because it's such a small town, we'll be doing our rotations away from here. We're hoping for Michigan...there's a lot of awesome residencies around the area. It's nice living here in Kirksville, though. There are a ton of members and lots of young families so there's always something to do. Anyway, what kind of trifle did you make? I'm starting to get addicted to them! Where's your husband going to school? How's your family? IF it's easier, my email is shamclover85@sbcglobal.net...I'd love to commiserate about medical school with you!
Hello there. It's Monya, Brianna's sister. Your kids are adorable. I read your blog. I feel you pain- concerning boredome. I have been there! I just go to Target or the mall and look around. Love the clearance clothes you got...I am a clearance shopper too. I have a blog too- it's by invite. According to Brianna it's boring. I will invite you if you want. Just send an email to Brianna and she can forward to me.
Mom, can you make my kids mexican?
caroline is getting really pretty. she's not a baby anymore. sad
Post a Comment