Friday, September 16, 2011

Yuck

I love my kids, but sometimes kids are gross.  Devin has had a rash for the last two days so I took him into the dr. to see what I needed to do to get rid of it.  After some questions and looking at it for a while she decided that it was scabies.  I thought to myself ok whatever I"ll put some cream on it and it'll be better.  Towards the end of the appointment she said, "You have taken this news better than most moms." And then I told her it's because I had no idea what scabies are.  Then she told me they were little mites that burrow under your skin.  Eww, that's yucky.  I didn't freak out but I do cringe a little every time I look at Devin's skin.  Poor boy.  Luckily its a relatively easy fix, I have to rub this stuff all over him before bed and in the morning wash it off, oh and wash EVERYTHING in my house.  Well she didn't say everything but just to be on the safe side my washer and dryer are going to get quite a workout in the next day.

4 comments:

browniemom said...

Ewww! That is gross! In all my child rearing years, I have never heard of scabies either. Yuck! Good Luck with that mom!

bethy said...

You are so funny, bex! I can just see you in the office calmly taking the news, thinkking, "what the heck are scabies?"
i miss you!

Ashley Erin said...

you are so funny bexar!

Elizabeth said...

I thought your initial reaction was rather mild too! Have fun washing everything.