Sunday, October 16, 2011

All in a day's work

We have LOVED having Shawn home this weekend.  I forgot how nice it is to have an extra pair of hands to help out around the house, especially this morning. It started out like any other Sunday baths, make food for the kids, clean up food from the kids and then feed them again. While Shawn and I were upstairs getting ready for church it was very quiet downstairs, now to some people that means their children are playing nicely together, for me that means Graham is doing something VERY wrong.  Today was no exception.  I was really dreading finding out what he had gotten into but I just wanted to finish getting ready first.  Well that didn't happen.  Caroline ran upstairs and told us that Graham had gotten poop all over the carpet.  Shawn ran downstairs and grabbed him before making a bigger mess and brought him up to me.  He had poop all over his hands and had smeared it on the carpet.  AHHHH!  This child is twice the work of the other two COMBINED!!!!!!!!  Seeing as we were supposed to leave for church in about 2 minutes Shawn volunteered to stay home (he's my hero) and steam vac the carpet so our house didn't stink when we got home.  (Have I mentioned yet how awesome steam vacs are? Seriously everyone should own one)  Anyways, right before I took the two older wonderful children to church Shawn turned to me and said, "Well this has been a pretty predictable weekend."  With Graham's track record he's not too far off.  I really hope the people who end up wanting to buy our house don't read this blog because after the stuff we've done to it no one is going to want it!

3 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

Um, Landon and I are tying Graham up FOR SURE. Devin doesn't need to be tied up, and we are still debating what to do with Caroline.

Elizabeth said...

That was funny reading. I know it wasn't for you when it happened, but picturing the whole scene had me laughing quite hard. Glad you had Shawn there to help.

Crystal Stanworth said...

he sounds like a lot of work but it sure makes for some funny blog reading!