Too bad it doesn't really feel like home since Shawn won't be here for a while. The trip was great! The flight up was alright but from here to Phoenix I would have loved to have more space. I will never forgive the woman in front of me who pushed her seat back so I had about 2in. to move around me. Not fun. Thankfully once we landed the next leg of the trip we had our very own row! I probably would have cried otherwise. We started off the week with a trip to the zoo. I was pleasantly surprised, it was actually pretty cool although I prefer to have a moat between my kids and a 500lb tiger. Caroline loved getting ice cream and riding on the merry go round. Devin really liked that part too, so much in fact that he threw the biggest fit I've ever seen when it stopped. At least we were outside, all I remember is getting slapped in the face. Luckily Grandma Funk came to the rescue and got him some much needed milk. We also got to see Shady that night. It was fun to see her cute apartment and little belly. The kids tolerated going to shop for fabric and were very happy to get a shake and play at the playground. The next day we went up to Muller Park and for some reason the kids thought throwing rocks into the creek was the coolest thing. Caroline did that for about an hour and then Devin ruined the fun and whined the ENTIRE time. Later we went to the Faggs (for those who don't know that'd be my grandparents) and Caroline and Devin finally discovered that food actually grows outside and not doesn't just magically appear in the store. After two days with no naps we decided to take it easy on Wednesday so Caroline could take a nap so we just went shopping and played at the park. Although it was our forth day there it was only about the second day to see Shawn so it was really nice to relax with him. Thursday Grandpa and Aunt Sandra came into town and we went down to Provo Canyon to see Shannie (Shawn's sister) and her family at a cabin that backed up to the Provo River. It was beautiful! Friday we went to Idaho for a reception, and literally found out where the middle of nowhere is. In case you were wondering almost anywhere in Idaho is the middle of nowhere, but more specifically Thatcher, Idaho is 3 houses and 100 cows. It was really pretty but Shawn and I also discovered that we are definitely city people. Wow, are we city people. We had to turn around 3 times because we couldn't find the DIRT road we were supposed to take to get to our location. Saturday we enjoyed a quite morning with a breakfast with Shawn's family and got ready for the wedding. The wedding and reception were great and the only complaint about the kids was that Devin started crying right in the middle of the prayer for the food. Nice. We topped off the night with some Neilsons frozen custard. Yummy! Unfortunately we didn't get any wedding cake so I didn't feel too guilty. Ok so maybe a little b/c I think I ate ice cream every night I was there. Sunday was a very eventful day. We got a call in our room that was a little disturbing. Someone saw Shawn's school bag (filled with books and notes on patients) and thought it had a laptop in it or so we think and broke our window to our car and stole it! Yes in the middle of a Sunday afternoon in Bountiful Utah someone broke into our car. At least they didn't get anything, unless someone was really desperate for a book on orthopaedics. What's funny is that the only things we've ever had stolen have been in Utah not in the ghetto we live in Houston. Kind of ironic. Anyways we got to pretend to be white trash and be one of those people we make fun of and duct tape a trash bag to our window b/c no car places were open on Sunday. We left yesterday and after causally making it to the airport what I thought was in plenty of time to make our plane I was surprised to find out that we missed our flight. The lady at the desk then informed me that the next flight was 3 hours and we would have to switch planes in ST. LOUIS and arrive in Houston at 9:10 that night. I couldn't take it anymore, I just started to cry. It was awful. I really didn't want to go home in the first place seeing as I have 6 weeks alone to look forward to. I had no intention spending the day on a plane 7 months pregnant with two kids and arriving at Hobby (which seriously is in the ghetto) late at night. To my surprise the kids were AWESOME! After drugging Devin he took a great nap and the last leg of our trip we had an entire row to ourselves. I love them, they really were champs. We didn't get to our car until about 10:30 but were so happy to be home. We had a great time and I realized how wonderful my in-laws are. I seriously married into the nicest family ever. Shawn's mom took us where ever we wanted to go and spoiled me and the kids rotten! Thanks again for everything Sheri! Honestly I"m a little sad to be home but luckily I found that sewing patterns were on sale for a dollar so I've got plenty to keep me busy! It was so nice to get to see Shawn and have lots of company and help with the kids. Only 1 month and one week to go!
2 comments:
Wow, quite the trip. You are a brave woman to travel by yourself with two kids, but it sounds like it was worth it :)
Poor Bexie. I get stressed out missing flights already, and I don't even have kids.
Post a Comment