Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Summer is here
Holy cow its hot outside! I love that it stays cool for so long here but wow the heat hit really fast. Last week we enjoyed a day in the 60's and today its 96, kind of a big jump right? I have a feeling my kids are going to be pro's at the Wii by the end of the summer. Anyone have fun indoor play ideas? We only lasted about 30 minutes at the park today because I was starting to melt. Caroline has told me several times today that summer is not her favorite time of year. Join the club kid. Thankfully have lots to look forward to this summer. First up is my trip to visit my sister in DC which is going to be the best weekend of my life, then a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Funk, then my brother and his family, then a stop from friends from Houston. So this summer should be a blast even if Shawn is starting his dreaded (my me not him) second year of ortho. And just because I'm feeling nostalgic today marks our 1 year anniversary of living here! Oh the memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know, it's sick how hot it is already! i took Violet to the park and 20 minutes later she got back in the stroller wanting to go home. It's a good thing you guys have a house to play in all summer instead of an apartment still!
Post a Comment