Thursday, July 5, 2012

A fabulous 4th

I really love the 4th of July, but some years have been less than fantastic.  The year I was stuck at girls camp and had to eat plain ground beef with nothing on it and saw a total of zero fireworks was not my favorite.  This year however was awesome!  We had fun all day long.  We started off by going to the Pegram Parade a little town about 15 minutes away where they throw candy and spray you with water so naturally we love going.  Then we headed over to our friends pool swam for a while then headed home for movie time while we got ready for people to come over for dinner.  We had a great time with some friends at dinner and then were brave and lit some sparklers even though its been banned because we've had zero rain this summer.  Shawn fell asleep before our friends left but they're good sports and thought it was funny.  I also got to sneak out and see our neighbors putting on a  nice fireworks show after everyone was in bed.  I love me some fireworks!  All in all it was a great day, I hope everyone had fun celebrating our independence!

Sweating it out at the parade.

Breaking all the rules and playing with sparklers 

Caroline pretends to like them but is pretty scared of them.

Graham on the other hand LOVED them.  Here he is doing his Lady Liberty pose.

2 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

They look lik they had a great time!+

Lindsey said...

I snuck out and watched fireworks just me after Nathan went to bed too! I love the 4th :)