I'm not sure how to begin this post other than to say we try and make things last as long as possible around here. If you don't believe me just check out the pictures. Above is what used to be Caroline's tricycle but is now used by Graham. It has lots of miles on it and has seen better days. The front wheel actually started to split in half (well the outside part of it) so instead of retiring the bike I decided duct tape would do the trick. Graham was so happy about me "fixing" his bike he took it for a nice little joy ride. Two year olds are easy to please.
Shawn's shoes have also seen better days. I guess if you wear them for 80 hours a week and are constantly walking around in them this is bound to happen. His parents were nice enough to get him these before residency but I don't think they'll make it to see the end. Shawn is determined to keep them around a little bit longer and bought shoe goo in hope of fixing them. At least its not duct tape. Maybe I should change our blog title to Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without, seeing as these are not the only things we've tried to fix or recycle. I've also made Caroline pj's out of old swaddling blankets, and bike shorts out of leggings that had holes in the knees. That's just how we roll, super classy right?
3 comments:
I love Graham!
I wish I was thriftier! I think it's clever! And y'all should TOTALLY come to Omaha!! It's so fun! :)
I wish I was thriftier! I think it's clever! And y'all should TOTALLY come to Omaha!! It's so fun! :)
Post a Comment